Some time ago, two of my favorite Bloggers nominated me for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. That would be the fabulous Kasey of Kasey at the Bat and the lovely Laura of Life with Lolo. Inexplicably, although I thanked each of them, I never got around to following through with the Award by answering the questions and nominating more folks. Truly, I don’t know why I haven’t done this sooner, although some of it can be blamed on forgetfulness. What? (Exactly)
Here’s how it works (in theory, there are a few slightly different versions floating around the Blogosphere):
1. Answer 10 (ten) questions drafted by the Blogger that nominated you
2. Nominate 7 (seven) Bloggers for the Sisterhood of the World award
3. Draft 10 (ten) questions for your nominees to answer in a future post
Since I was nominated by both Kasey and Laura, I’ve got 20 questions to answer. Since I have 20 questions to answer, some of my answers may end up a little silly.
1. What is the weirdest question you’ve ever been asked in an interview (job or otherwise, it can’t be this question)? How do you feel about euthanasia?
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of ever, what book would you pick? Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
3. What is your favorite ever summer memory? Staff parties when working at Cumberland Pool. Somehow, working together for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, wasn’t enough. No, we had to get together in the evenings, too. Thank you to all the parents who left their children at home alone and “donated” their homes for our parties (though you likely never knew about it).
4. Describe yourself using only song titles. (I know that’s not a question, just, okay? just be cool. just once.) This is hard. Using song lyrics would be a lot easier. Am I pulling out my iPod and scrolling through for titles? Yes. Yes, I am. Dreamer, I Wish I was a Punk Rocker, Girl Next Door, Beautiful Disaster, Big Mouth, Crazy, Dolphin, Extraordinary, Wild Hope
5. If you had $1,000,000 but had to spend it all in one week, what would you do with it? Travel to someplace gorgeous and expensive, like Maldives. Spend my days in the beautiful waters, eating delicious tropical fruit and my evenings on the internet purchasing overnight delivery items (in order to make that week deadline). Ooh, and purchase a home in France.
6. What is your favorite holiday (religious, birthday, or otherwise) + why? Halloween. Because costumes.
7. What is one interesting thing that people who read your blog probably don’t know about you? I’m actually quite funny, sometimes.
8. Who is your biggest role model + why? During a Liebster nomination I gave that honor to my father. In order to mix it up, I’m going with… Kelly Clarkson. Confident, beautiful, unapologetic for being herself and yet still never offensive, genuinely kind (I believe), funny and girl has PIPES!
9. Who’s attending that imaginary dinner party people always ask about? If it’s a party, I’m guessing that means I get multiple guests. I’ll do a total of six people, so the conversation is varied, but everyone talks to everyone. So: me, Kasey (because I need a friend there, to discuss all this later, and she suggested the dinner party), Jennifer Lawrence, Robin Williams, Chris Harrison and Barack Obama. Although it’s not a date type of thing, I wanted to stick with an even male-to-female ratio. Also, there were at least seven other people I added and pulled because I’d like to think that these people would actually get along and that things would get gasping-for-breath, tears-streaming funny.
10. What is your favorite cocktail? This is a tough question! Bloody Mary, dirty gin (Hendricks) martini or a glass of red wine. Totally dependent on atmosphere.
1. What is the very first thing you do in the morning and the very last thing you do before going to sleep? Pee. I’m sorry, it’s true. I drink water like nobody’s business.
2. What are your favorite boy name & girl name for your future children (I know you have them) or just in general…? There aren’t any children on the horizon, and if there were, I would only accepting girls, so I’ve never even thought about boy names. I’d likely name a girl after a flower or a tree. Think more along the lines of Aster than Daisy.
3. Where’s the farthest place you’ve ever driven to (or road tripped) why did you go and who were you with? It seems that this question does not take into account planes, so I’m assuming the contiguous United States, Canada or Mexico. The longest trip (in and of itself) would be driving from Ohio to Arizona, and Arizona to Ohio. The former was twice with my father, the latter was once with my father and once with my friend, Kara. I love my father dearly, and we had a TON of fun, but we were not meant to be confined to the space of a two-door vehicle for multiple days on end.
4. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? A personalized Us Magazine – cover, content, everything – created for my Bachelorette weekend. I laughed, I cried… all of it.
5. If you could see one person or group in a dream concert (alive or dead) who would it be? U2. It’s not that they are my ultimate, number one, most favoritest band of all time, but they are insanely talented and I’ve heard their live shows are phenomenal.
6. What is one food that just grosses you out? Tongue. I’ve never had it, but did see it in a deli, once. Just can’t imagine why anyone would eat it.
7. *** I have eliminated this question because it seems to have been time-sensitive, and that was a reeeaally long time ago. In place, I’ll pretend Laura asked: Do you have any fluffy orange cats that need a new home? Yes! I do! Let’s figure out how to get Milton to you, ASAP!
8. What is your favorite tweet or instagram you’ve ever shared? Show us the link!
9. What is the one purchase you’ve made on your own that you are most proud of? My home! I purchased my home, on my own, when I was single and living thousands of miles away from family. It was the perfect place for me, until Tall Guy came into the picture, and I miss it all the time.
10. What is your job and where do you work (because I’m nosy like that). I am currently “working” as a freelance writer and marketing agency consultant. I work from home and don’t actually work very often. Truly, I’m a housewife. And maybe a blogger.
- Carry O. at Travel or Elsewhere
- Priscilla at An Inkling of Panache
- Helen at Hel on Heels
- Sierra at Sierra’s View
- Nicole at Just the Elevator Pitch
- Alana at Livingston Way
- Niki at Glossy Blonde
(some of which I may have stolen from Kasey or Laura, because they were good):
- If your life had a soundtrack, what music would be playing when you achieve a goal?
- If you could only read one book, for the rest of your life, what book would it be?
- What is the least favorite place that you’ve traveled?
- Do you need/want a fluffy, loving, somewhat large, orange cat, should Laura fall through?
- If you were unable to do your current job, what would your dream job be?
- What is your signature dish or cocktail?
- Windows down or AC up?
- Describe your personal style.
- Which Disney character do you relate to, and why? (Note: I did not say “princess”)
- What are three blogs that you look forward to reading?
Again, many thanks to Kasey and Laura! I look forward to seeing what everyone else has to say!