I am honored, and beyond flattered, to have been nominated for a Liebster Award! Since I’ve only recently begun publicizing my blog, it’s a great feeling of validation. Heck, maybe I really am starting to get the hang of this thing!
Oh, gosh, I wasn’t expecting this! I didn’t even prepare a speech! First, I want to say what an honor it is to even be considered for such an award, and in the company of such amazing talents as the other nominees – wow. I want to thank my producer, I couldn’t have done this without you… No? Okay, I’ll save that for my Grammy.
The Liebster Award is directed towards blogs with smaller followings, as a way to help get their name out there in the blog world. One can only be nominated by a previous Liebster Nominee, and in order to be considered, a nominee’s blog must have less than 200 followers. Here I must thank Jayme over at Simply, Always, Forever for nominating me. I’ve already let her know that the first perk of receiving the nomination was learning about HER blog!
So what does the Liebster Award nomination entail? Giving credit where credit is due and passing on the Blog Love. It is my distinct pleasure to follow the following Liebster guidelines:
Here goes, my lovelies!
11 Fun Facts about Jeans & a Tank Top
1. The last time I was considered for a “composition” award was in 4th grade, and the composition was a piece of music, not words. I won. That was the beginning, and end, of my career as a composer.
2. The only lip balm I use is Bonne Bell Lip Smackers (preferably in Pink Lemonade). Learning that Bonne Bell will soon close has caused a serious increase in my stress levels.
3. My dream career is mermaid. However, the commute is too long and the pay is too low.
4. I believe that everything happens for a reason.
5. I used to be a bikini/swimsuit addict. At one time I had over 60.
6. My dream car is a 1985 (or 1986, in a pinch) Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible. Brick red with a tan top. Manual transmission.
7. I never owned a Ken doll, but I also never thought anything was missing when I played with my umpteen Barbies. My Barbies had a lot going on in their lives. This actually explains a lot about my coming-of-age…
8. My parents almost named me Hillary. I like the name, but if I’d been a Hillary, I would be a completely different person.
9. Sleeping naked is uncomfortable to me, but skinny-dipping feels completely natural.
10. When in doubt, my answer is sleep.
11. I can make a Bloody Caesar that will change your entire life.
Questions from Jayme
1. How/why did you choose your blog name? The initial impetus for my blog was to discuss all things wearable while finding my own personal style. At that time, my style was (and, unfortunately, often still is) jeans and a tank top. The full explanation is here.
2. Who do you look up to the most? My father (don’t tell him, it’ll go to his head). Somehow, he discovered his lifelong passion before he’d turned 10. He embodies the ideal of “figure out what you love, then find a way to make money doing it.” He is not only passionate and talented, but extremely successful. I very much hope that someday I’ll be able to spend my life doing what I love, freely and with abandon.
3. What’s your most embarrassing moment? An excellent question to which I’m not certain I have an answer. Trust me, I’ve pondered this before. Extensively. For a long time I embarrassed very easily, so the stories just aren’t that compelling. However, for today, my credit card was declined at the dentist’s office. That was pretty embarrassing.
4. Give a shout out to a blog you really love. I’m assuming I should avoid repeating any of the nominees below, so I’ll go with Niki at Glossy Blonde. She’s the bee’s. She’s a phenomenal blogger and one of the most genuine people you’ll ever meet. I am also incredibly lucky in that I get to call her my friend.
5. What’s your favorite song? Current or of all time. Well, gosh, Jayme, make the questions tough, why don’t you? I maintain that I don’t have a single favorite song, but I do have a top ten songs of all time. They rotate. For purposes of this post only, I’ll name Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight & the Pips.
6. If you could spend one day as the opposite sex, would you? I really don’t think I would. I’m 100% comfortable and confident in being a woman. Or maybe I just don’t think having a penis would be all that fun.
7. If you could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why? Until recently, my answer would have been Bill Cosby. Quite possibly I would choose Robin Williams. I believe that he felt things very deeply, and had an insight and empathy for others that would be both beautiful and life-changing to experience.
8. What’s your all-time favorite book? What’s one you didn’t like at all? My all-time favorite book is Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. If you haven’t read it, you should. If you haven’t read it since grade school, you should read it again. One I didn’t like at all? The Writing Class by Jincy Willet. My apologies to both Jincy and my mom, who loved it.
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? Levitation. Assuming levitation also includes movement/travelling. I have a regularly recurring dream where I am able to levitate. Oddly, I’m always horizontal, and going feet-first. But I’ve had this dream so many times over so many years, that I absolutely believe it’s really happening each time.
10. What’s your favorite food? Cheese. I love food. Almost all food. So much food. But if someone told me I had to completely give up cheese, well, that life just isn’t worth living, my friend.
11. What’s your favorite part about blogging? Connecting with people that I would otherwise never meet, due to geographical or demographical logistics. Even if it’s just hearing that we both happen to hate Kirsten Dunst (as any normal person would), it’s nice to share that connection with someone who was, until that moment, a complete stranger. You know, it’s a small world after all, and all that.
My nominees for the Liebster Award
1. Stephanie of Meet the Smallsens
2. Laura of Life With Lolo
3. Ali of AliCat
4. Sarah of The Flavor Chaser
5. Aimee of Aimlessly Elegant
6. Kat of Lemonade Linings
7. Carry O. of Travel or Elsewhere
9. Mandi of Girl in Beta
10. Kate of Greatest Escapist
11. Katie of Life, Love & Pursuits of Katie
** I used followers as reported by either Bloglovin’ or Instagram – my apologies if I’ve actually nominated a Blog that has in excess of 200 followers!
My questions for the nominees
1. Why do you blog?
2. If you HAD to change the name of your blog, to what would you change it?
3. Outside of family members, who is one person that has impacted your life in a positive way?
4. You can have dinner with any five people that you have never met before – who’s coming for meatloaf?
5. If you were an animal, what animal do you think you would be? (Not necessarily the one you WANT to be, the one that you most embody)
6. Which of your blog posts is your favorite?
7. What is the blog post that you’re dying to write, but haven’t yet written?
8. Where, in the United States, would you like to travel that you haven’t yet been?
9. If you could suddenly be endowed with extensive knowledge in one specific area, what would it be?
10. When was the last time you laughed at yourself, and why?
11. Tell me a good joke.
Again, thanks to Jayme for the nomination! Now quick, go visit each and every one of the blogs I nominated above – you won’t be sorry!