So apparently it’s 2020 and I’m a full week late on getting my Bachelor/ette Bracket shit together. Things are coming at me fast here, people! Nonetheless, Bachelor Peter Weber starts his journey (or we begin viewing it) tomorrow night. There’s still LOTS of time to get your Bachelor Bracket filled out and ready for Season 24. New to the Bachelor Bracket? Allow me to pontificate…
How the Bracket began: My girlfriends and I began a standing date with The Bachelor and The Bachelorette ten years ago (eek!). We gather together on Monday nights to watch the show, drink wine, eat delicious foods and share hilarious commentary (for an indulgent reflection on how The Bachelor/ette has been woven into my life, see my bottle-of-Bordeaux post from France).
In 2015 I turned a running joke into action and created the first Official* Jeans & a Tank Top Bachelor/ette Bracket for Kaitlyn Bristowe. I began writing recaps and providing fashion links and just kept going! Each bracket has been more successful than the last (although the recaps and links have been sporadic, at best). I’m thrilled so many people continue to look for this bracket and play along each season! And now, I am honored to bring you…
The Official* Jeans & a Tank Top Season 24 Bachelor Bracket!
* Official through Jeans & a Tank Top, only, and in no way recognized or part of the ABC network.
Three Bachelor seasons ago, by popular request, I added the first Official* Jeans & a Tank Top Bachelor Women Cheat Sheet. SO helpful to distinguish between the inevitable lookalikes (not to mention duplicate names). Here to save your sanity, is the Season 24 Official* Jeans & a Tank Top Bachelor Women Cheat Sheet!
* See asterisk above.
I know there are some other (cough*lesser*cough) versions of Bachelor/ette Brackets out there. In case you’re comparing options, here’s what’s important to know about this (cough*superior*cough) bracket: The Bachelor Bracket begins AFTER the first rose ceremony. Trying to predict the outcome PRIOR to the first episode would be like filling out your March Madness bracket without ever seeing any of the teams play. This way you get to see a little bit of each contender and make slightly more educated picks.
Here’s how it works:
Enjoy watching the first episode of The Bachelor, Season 24
- You do not need to make ANY selections PRIOR TO, or DURING, the first episode of The Bachelor.
- Watch the first episode on Monday, January 6, 2019, at 8pm/7pm central.
- During the first rose ceremony, cross out the names of the women who are sent home.
AFTER the first rose ceremony has ended:
- Choose the 18 women you think will survive the next rose ceremony.
- Continue filling out your entire bracket, to completion, PRIOR to watching the second rose ceremony.
That’s it! Play along with friends and choose your own reward for the person who ends with the highest points.
The number of roses shown available on the bracket may NOT match the number of roses given out at a rose ceremony. The number of roses given is a highly guarded ABC secret to keep people guessing. I’ve used numbers based on the original “standard” number of roses given and by reviewing the number of roses given out at each ceremony over the past seven seasons. (It would be eight, if you count Nick Viall’s season, but I don’t.) The instructions attached to the PDF explain what to do if the number of roses given are not the same as the number of spaces on the bracket.
My own completed Bachelorette Bracket will be revealed prior to Episode 2. I correctly picked Kaitlyn, Ben, JoJo , Arie’s, Becca’s, Colton’s AND Hannah’s final picks (for Arie’s season I chose the woman who got the final rose, so technically it counts). I was only off by one on Rachel‘s season (and, let’s be honest, no-one saw that one coming).
In the past I’ve posted episode recaps with links to fashion seen on The Bachelor/ette. Given recent history, I’m making absolutely no promises that either will happen this season. However, in the event I DO get some of those up, make sure you never miss a beat by signing up for the Bachelor/ette Fans mailing list!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- You’ll be the first to know when a new Bracket hits the interwebs
- You’ll receive an email when there’s a new post relating to The Bachelor and/or The Bachelorette – brackets, where to find fashion seen on the show and episode recaps
- A sense of calm knowing that this is one less thing you’ll have to remember
What you won’t get:
- Spammy emails
- Your info sold, or given, to anyone else
- Notifications about posts that are NOT Bachelor or Bachelorette related
If you think that sounds awesome (I sure do), all you gotta do is click!
Now get to bracketing!