Somehow it’s already that time again: in just one week the (latest) Bachelor, Colton Underwood, will be greeting the 23rd round of women spilling out of a series of limos at the Bachelor mansion. Or wait, didn’t the mansion suffer damage in the fires? Well, they’ll be spilling out of limos somewhere. Yep, time to schedule your watch party, corral your friends, and fill out your Bachelor Bracket!
Obligatory explanation of how the Bracket began: My girlfriends and I have a standing date with The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Nearly ten years ago we started getting together on Monday nights to watch the show, drink wine, eat delicious foods and share hilarious commentary. After several years of threatening, I finally created the first Official* Jeans & a Tank Top Bachelor/ette Bracket for Kaitlyn Bristowe. I followed with a bracket for Ben Higgins and just kept going. Each bracket has been more successful than the last. I’m thrilled so many people are playing along and am honored to now bring you…
The Official* Jeans & a Tank Top Season 23 Bachelor Bracket!
* Official through Jeans & a Tank Top, only, and in no way recognized or part of the ABC network.
Two seasons ago, by popular request, I added the first Official* Jeans & a Tank Top Bachelor Women Cheat Sheet. So helpful to distinguish between the inevitable lookalikes (not to mention duplicate names).
* See asterisk above.
I know there are some other (cough*lesser*cough) versions of Bachelor/ette Brackets out there. Just in case you’re comparing options, here’s what’s important to know about this (cough*superior*cough) bracket: The Bachelor Bracket begins AFTER the first rose ceremony. Trying to predict the outcome PRIOR to the first episode would be like filling out your March Madness bracket without ever seeing any of the teams play. This way you get to see a little bit of each contender and make slightly more educated picks.
Here’s how it works:
Enjoy watching the first episode of The Bachelor, Season 23
- You do not need to make ANY selections PRIOR TO, or DURING, the first episode of The Bachelor.
- Watch the first episode on Monday, January 7, 2019, at 8pm/7pm central.
- During the first rose ceremony, cross out the names of the women who are sent home.
AFTER the first rose ceremony has ended:
- Choose the 18 women you think will survive the next rose ceremony.
- Continuing filling out your entire bracket, to completion, PRIOR to watching the second rose ceremony.
That’s it! Play along with friends and choose your own reward for the person who ends with the highest points.
I will reveal my own completed Bachelor Bracket prior to Episode 2. I’ve correctly picked Kaitlyn, Ben, JoJo , Arie’s and Becca’s final picks (I mean, for Arie’s season I chose the woman who got the final rose, so technically it counts). And I was also only off by one on Rachel‘s season (and, let’s be honest, no-one saw that one coming).
In the past I’ve posted episode recaps with links to fashion seen on The Bachelor/ette. Recent history has shown I only get through a few episodes before dropping off – but there’s always hope that my record can improve. In the event I DO get some of those up, make sure you never miss a beat – sign-up for the Bachelor/ette Fans mailing list!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- You’ll be the first to know when a new Bracket hits the interwebs
- You’ll receive an email when there’s a new post relating to The Bachelor and/or The Bachelorette – brackets, where to find fashion seen on the show and episode recaps
- A sense of calm knowing that this is one less thing you’ll have to remember
What you won’t get:
- Spammy emails
- Your info sold, or given, to anyone else
- Notifications about posts that are NOT Bachelor or Bachelorette related
If you think that sounds awesome (I sure do), all you gotta do is click!
Now get to bracketing!